Saturday, December 17, 2011

Some of my Christmas Favorites


I love this time of year!  Year by year we will add more traditions in our home, and last year I added all three of these recipes to that.  Merry Christmas to all of you, and I hope that your holidays are wonderful!!
Feta Salad
12 oz mixed salad greens(I used fresh)
2 fresh pears, cubed or sliced
1/2lb. fetta cheese, crumbled
1 c. craisins
1 c. camelized pecans - pour 1/3c. white sugar and 1 c. pecan pieces into sauce pan over medium heat.  Stir constantly until sugar melts and becomes sticky and light brown.  Watch Carefully!  Remove nuts immediately to a plate to cool.
Dressing -
1/2 c. red onion
1c. sugar
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1tsp. salt
2/3c. white vinegar
2c. veggie oil
3 Tblsp. poppy seeds
Mix 1st 6 ingredients in a blender, stir in poppy seeds at the end.
Lemon Water
1 Tbsp. lemon extract
1 Tbsp. citric acid (get at the pharmacy, sometimes they will need to order it in)
3 c. sugar
5 qts. water
lots of ice
If you can't find citric acid, "true lemon" crystalized lemon substitute, you will have to use 3 times the amount, you can also add "real lemon" concentrate.
MIX
This was fun to make, and I got the recipie from my Family Fun magazine.
Gingerbread Trifle
 click on the picture for the link to the recipe with Family Fun.

Merry Christmas to all of you.  Thank you for all the support you have given my blog.
I would love to know a tradition of yours this time of year, please leave a comment and share.

No comments: